Tuesday, 11 March 2014
Grandma’s Chicken Curry
· 1 kg of chicken (cut into medium size)
· 3 onion medium size sliced
· 1 tbsp of garlic paste
· 1 tbsp of ginger paste
· 1 tbsp of coriander powder
· ½ tbsp of cumin powder
· ¼ tsp of black pepper (powder)
· ½ tsp of red chilli powder
· ¼ tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder
· ½ tsp of garam masala
· Whole garam masala (bay leaves,small cardamom,cloves)
· 2 medium Tomato (riped)
· Bunch of coriander leaves
· Mustard oil (15 ml)
· Salt to taste
· ½ tsp Turmeric powder
· 2 cups of water
· Put oil in a pan ,add sliced onion until they are golden brown .then add ginger and garlic paste ,and fry for some minutes (1-2 minutes)
v Add coriander powder ,cuminpowder ,black pepper ,whole garam masala , turmeric powder, red chili powder, kashmiri chili powder and stir fry for 5-6 minutes
v Add chicken and tomoatoes ,and stir fry for 10 -12 minutes .
v Add salt and 2 cups of water (as per your choice)
v When chicken is cooked well ,sprinkle garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves .
v Serve hot
v Serve with pulao or rice items …
NOTE: Always use mustard oil for chicken .
Chicken Rezala is a mughlai dish,it is popular in India .In this receipe used thick gravy of cashew nut and poppy seed. ZEBA TA...